Engine turning off under temp and not restarting problem

Ecomatic talk and anything else.
[Guest/annonymous posting allowed]
ajbero
Ecomatic Owner

Engine turning off under temp and not restarting problem

Post by ajbero »

Hey deylan i have a question about my ecomatic over hear in the states. I am trying it get running again. Sometimes it starts and runs fine, but yesterday i started it up it ran for 3-5 seconds and shuts off it will start again but dies again in less time. I notice it only does this when that green light comes on the dash. Any help on this?
Deylan
Finally has his VR6.

Re: Ecomatic electrical components overview

Post by Deylan »

Hi there

Quick test that doesn't involve diagnostic laptop

As soon as the engine is started try selecting 1st gear and immediately driving off... If that stops it turning off then it is probably the Diesel engine stop switch F207 thinking the engine bay is open and turning the engine off as safety measure.

Let me know either way what happens.
"I've been guilty of hanging around...."
ajbero
Ecomatic Owner

Post by ajbero »

I have tryed that but rpm to high to allow it to go into gear and then it would stall out. What i have done is run a hot wire to stop switch and it stays running even with key off. But i have since taken that off and now it works every time. Only changes i have made was replaceing both batterys made start up alot easier. Main battery was a 600cca and now have a 720cca. Car has been sitting for a little over a year started up occasionally and moved around. Just got it tagged insurred and inspected this past weekend and have been driveing it every day to work. I am so glad i have it back on the road again. Now i have to fix my heater motor. It had only high speed but stopped all together now.
Deylan
Finally has his VR6.

Post by Deylan »

Sounds very strange... Do you have VAGCOM? Might be worth dusting out VAGCOM and checking all the measuring block values to make sure they are plausible. If you've managed to fix it by bypassing wires seems like it is luckily just a sensor fault and nothing mechanical.
ajbero
Ecomatic Owner

Re: Engine turning off under temp and not restarting problem

Post by ajbero »

Yea it was stange. Week 2 and no problems with start up and running. I drive it 60 miles a day. I fixed my heater problem rusty connection at the fan resistor. I do not have vagcom but will check with jamie from orkid euro i know he has one. Question when the 3 lights flash is that the same as a check engine light for faults? I have had them flash in the past but did not think much of it as i was new to the dash layout. I have not seen this happen since i got it back on road and running good.
Deylan
Finally has his VR6.

Re: Engine turning off under temp and not restarting problem

Post by Deylan »

Sorry for not replying sooner. Yes when the 3 lights flash a fault code has been set in the ECU. [k111] should illuminate for the rest of the journey preventing engine switching off. This is only cleared when ignition turned off. If [k110] also stays on then an issue is likely present with the load signal potentiometer.

If they flash regular (like at least once a week) then there is definately a problem. If they are flashing once in a blue moon you can probably ignore it.