92Ah/95Ah battery

Deylan
Finally has his VR6.

92Ah/95Ah battery

Post by Deylan »

Larger battery than standard vehicle, largest battery out of the whole Mk3 range.

Original part number: 000 915 105 AH (95Ah 450A) (dropped)
Replacement part number: 000 915 105 DK

Varta sell OEM equivilants (Varta Silver and Ultra/Stop-Start recommended). The genuine battery is made by Varta anyway.

It is important the Ecomatic is fitted with a large and good quality battery with good CCA (cold cranking amps) rating to ensure the starter motor restarts the engine quickly, and reduce strain on the alternator and electrical consumers, the cost of replacing electronics damaged by voltage fluctuation far exceeds the extra for a good battery, the battery should also be able to take the strain from the large amount of engine starts.

A poorly performing battery can result in oddities with the engine restarting procedure, such as, if the engine has been off for a while, a restart can be unsuccessful or take more than one attempt.

The Ecomatic can be push started.
"I've been guilty of hanging around...."
jimmi1984
Ecomatic Owner

Re: 92Ah/95Ah battery

Post by jimmi1984 »

Hi my ecomatic was running on 82 Ah battery :shock: since it is mine ( original from VW )
and it worked untill temperature droped to -10 :( , i think it was to old
now i put 95 Ah :mrgreen:
when i was looking for new battery nobody beleved my that i need 95 in to a golf :shock:
i was trying to explain that my golf is special :roll:
it was funny in one store the guy started to argue with me and nothing i said was good for him :lol:
hope new battery strange brand MAXIS :shock: will be good, original is too expensive 155 £ for now.
Hajo06
Ecomatic Owner

Post by Hajo06 »

For 4 years I have the Arktis .typ TU 1038, 100 Ah
Dimensions 35/17,5/ 19 cm , price 123,- €,
She will work any more long time.
I connect on low temperature the battery charger.
Soon I must buy a new one. :evil:
Hajo
Deylan
Finally has his VR6.

Post by Deylan »

I bought a Genuine VW 000 915 105 AH battery during the summer (bought off eBay new, I'm not made of money!) and it hasn't let me down. Good job I bought it.

Unfortunately, lack of working glow plugs did when it got to -9 :P

Gave up trying to start the car after a minute or two - It would have started if I had continued for another minute or so but I didn't want to risk burning the starter motor out. The battery was showing no signs of running out of juice though. :D
Deylan
Finally has his VR6.

Post by Deylan »

jimmi1984 wrote:when i was looking for new battery nobody beleved my that i need 95 in to a golf :shock:
i was trying to explain that my golf is special :roll:
it was funny in one store the guy started to argue with me and nothing i said was good for him :lol: .
People like this really annoy me. If they actually listened to their customers (from time to time), then they may actually learn something.

Have fun with your new battery, I am sure it will be fine, have you noticed the starter motor turns faster? I did when I replaced mine, much better!
jimmi1984
Ecomatic Owner

Post by jimmi1984 »

I feel sad for the guy becouse of his stupidity and stubbornness
But the guy in store where i bought battery was amazed :shock: and curious about my car
My new battery dimensions 35,3/17,5/ 19 cm , price 85,- €,
Ti is working great :D and the motor is actually starting faster :D for me most important that i`m not afraid anymore that my car won`t start :D
Deylan
Finally has his VR6.

Post by Deylan »

I couldn't resist :D

Varta Start-Stop G14 - 95Ah - 850 CCA (EN)