Autotrader

Ecomatic talk and anything else.
[Guest/annonymous posting allowed]
Glen
Diesel Expert

Autotrader

Post by Glen »

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... ?logcode=p

Looks like its had the boy racer treetment, and is that a clutch pedal lurking in the gloom under dash?

Is anyone keeping a register of these cars, if so, is this one known about?
M934 NNA was first reg 31/8/94 which would make it a fairly late example would it not? Assuming ecomatics are all model year R.
Deylan
Finally has his VR6.

Re: Autotrader

Post by Deylan »

Hmmmm. This is a very strange one. Poor car.
11 previous owners!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My other ecomatic is an "N" plate but I think they were all produced in early/mid 1994 indeed.

I can also see the clutch pedal... From the poor res picture it looks like it does have the ecomatic override button, so, it seems most likely it has been converted to a standard manual gearbox.

Quite a few ecomatics (at least 4 in the UK) have been converted to "normal" cars.

Also, there are some cars registration plates which appear as Ecomatics on the DVLA database when they never were ecomatics.

There was an ecomatic for sale on eBay about a month ago in good condition which sold for £450. Before that, the last ecomatic for sale was yours, and before that, was the one I bought (2 years ago) - online anyway :)
"I've been guilty of hanging around...."
Glen
Diesel Expert

Post by Glen »

The one a couple of months ago must have slipped through my ebay filter then. With 11 owners its surprising this one hasn't apeared more often, it probubly acounts for 50% of ecomatic sales in recent years!
Deylan
Finally has his VR6.

Post by Deylan »

Haha yes my friend noticed the one on eBay last month, it didn't actually have "ecomatic" in the item title so I didn't see it at first myself either. It had 1 owner since 1995. Would have bought it if I had more space.

Hopefully the new owners will come and say hello! :)
"I've been guilty of hanging around...."
Hajo06
Ecomatic Owner

Post by Hajo06 »

German acronyms!!!
First Ecomatic August 1993 - “R” in Mosel/Germany - “P”
Last Ecomatic about 4100 End 1994 - “S” in Mosel/Gemany - “P”
Hajo